- Against Burton Albion he came on as sub and struck deep into injury time to rescue an embarrassing situation. Very clutch.
- He then got a few substitute appearances after that but not in situations where he could really use his powers.
- He got a start against Leicester (in retrospect, we were probably underdogs there, weren’t we?) and put us ahead, then got one back when we were 3-1 down. You can’t do much more than that. Hugo gave us a chance. We weren’t good enough to take this chance.
- He came on as sub against Norwich and the winner came when he was on the pitch. Coincidence?
- He was on the pitch for the Hull debacle, but obviously a situation like that is beyond even Hugo.
- He equalised against Sheffield United in the League Cup!
- West Brom equalised after he went off in our 1-1 draw.
- He only went and got the crucial winners against Villa and Norwich.
Hmmm. It seems reasonably clear that had we gone anywhere in the League Cup it would have basically been down to Rodallega. If we survive in the league inquests will be required to establish why he has been involved so little. We’ve fought this campaign with one hand behind our backs. Hang his picture next to Erik Nevland’s at Motspur Park.